Do you enjoy working and seeing small business owners succeed and along with their employees who live, work, and play right here in the Twin Cities? When you hear the word “no”, do you right away figure out ways to hear the word “yes”? Do you understand the real meaning of persistence day in and day out? Are you a sales professional who feels bogged down with countless reports that take you away from sales on a daily basis? Do you believe in a team environment, but also know that you need to deliver your portion of the goal for the team to thrive?
Salem Communications- Twin Cities is in growth mode and we are looking for an experienced Multimedia Marketing Consultant to sell our three radio stations: 980 KKMS-AM (Christian Teach/Talk), 1280 The Patriot (News/Talk), and Business 1570 KYCR (Business News/Talk) and our brand new digital station, theFishTwinCities.com (contemporary Christian music). A member of our multimedia marketing team is truly on the “front-lines” serving our loyal listeners and interacting each day with our local advertising partners.
As a member of our team, you would be responsible for the following actions for success:
- Prospecting, securing appointments, and growing our new business efforts.
- Write specific proposals and only address the prospects hopes and dreams when it comes to a marketing campaign.
- Write and coordinate commercials and messages for local businesses associated with our radio stations and web sites.
- Act as an liaison between clients and our stations as you service the client’s changing needs.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and training sessions.
- Assist in special radio station events and promotions as needed.
- Complete weekly prospecting and sales reports.
If you think you fit this role with Salem Communications- Twin Cities, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Have a proven track record of success in sales, especially working with local businesses.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and supportive personality conducive to building rapport with clients and staff.
- Enjoy using your fantastic written and oral communication skills!
- Know the basics to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Being able to manage multiple tasks and projects efficiently and effectively.
- That you are reliable and punctual!
- Goal-achievement oriented and that you strive to improve!
What’s the compensation:
- We’ll determine based on experience, but we offer a small base salary plus a generous commission package.
- We also provide medical, dental, and eye care after 90 days of employment
- 401k plan
If you think you’d be a good fit for Salem-TC, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Desta Kraft, Office Manager
Salem Communications- Twin Cities
2110 Cliff Road
Eagan, MN 55122
Salem Communications NASDAQ: SALM) is a leading radio broadcaster, internet content provider, and magazine/book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news, and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates, Sale Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force, Salem Web Network, a leading internet provider of Christian content and online streaming, and Salem Publishing, a leading publisher of Christen-themed magazines.
Salem Communications is an equal opportunity employer.