Tuesday, March 18, 2014
(Detroit, MI) -- The chief executive officer of General Motors says it is cooperating with federal investigators even as the company recalls more and more vehicles. In a video statement released Monday, CEO Mary Barra said the company did not live up to its own standards. The automaker has announced a recall of more than one-point-five million vehicles for air bag and fire risks. GM expects to take a 300-million dollar financial hit as a result of this and another massive recall of one-point-six million vehicles earlier this year for air bag and ignition switch issues..