Friday, February 28, 2014
(Minneapolis, MN) -- The father of five children who died in a fire on Valentines Day is blaming the landlord for the deaths of his children. Troy Lewis told reporters Wednesday that he told the landlord that his second floor apartment didn't have any heat, and that the windows were so drafty that the wind was whistling in like they were outdoors. A recent fire investigation report shows that the fire started in the same spot where a space heater had been running for several days. Lewis says he was also warming the apartment with a stove and bundling the children in blankets to keep them warm. KARE-11 is reporting that the landlord has said he did not receive any written or verbal complaints about maintenance problems.