Monday, February 10, 2014
(St. Paul, MN) -- Make sure your natural gas meter is free of ice and snow. That's the warning going out from the state Department of Public Safety to all business and homeowners who heat with natural gas. In a press release, the DPS notes ice and snow can block the regulator vent and cause malfunctions. If the vent is sealed or blocked by ice and the gas regulator doesn't work, the issue results in either an interruption in service or a possible gas leak, which can lead to an explosion or fire.