Monday, May 5, 2014
(Chandler, AZ) -- Authorities near Phoenix say a chemical leak that sent at least two people to the hospital has been contained. At least a dozen workers were sickened today by an ammonia leak at Intel Corp's manufacturing complex in Chandler. A company spokesman says ten workers were treated at the scene and two were taken to a hospital for observation. The leak occurred when a tube was severed during a tool installation. That led to about a spill of about 100 gallons of ammonium hydroxide.