Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Suspected As Students Fall Ill

(Springfield, MN) -- Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected as the culprit after 30 students at a southern Minnesota school had to be hospitalized after falling ill yesterday. Springfield Public School was evacuated around 9 a.m. Thursday, and all of the students were out of the hospital by 7 p.m. Several fourth and fifth graders started vomiting and fainting in the auditorium, prompting the superintendent to clear the building. What caused the carbon monoxide problem hasn't been released.