Thursday, April 24, 2014
(St. Paul, MN) -- The four-hour deposition of Archbishop John Nienstedt is now public and being reviewed by St. Paul police. The leader of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis said he took the word of his staff that there were no priests in his ministry who had been credibly accused of sexually abusing children. Nienstedt also said he was advised not to write certain things down during meetings in case an investigation was ever launched. Attorney Mike Finnegan represents victims in the case against the archdiocese and said the deposition shows kids are not safe in the Catholic church.