JERUSALEM (AP) - In the second day of Israel's operation "Pillar of Defense," here's a look at causalities, and the number of hits by both sides:
- Militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip killed three Israelis on Thursday in a rocket attack likely to deepen a bruising Israeli air, naval and artillery offensive, the most intense assault on the Palestinian territory in four years.
- The Israeli military has killed 15 Palestinians in Gaza, including three children and seven militants, and wounded more than 188, most of them civilians, since the operation started Wednesday.
- The Israeli military says it has hit more than 200 targets since the offensive began.
- It also says Gaza militants fired around 160 rockets at Israel on Thursday, bringing the total since the start of the operation to 245.
- Israel says its Iron Dome missile defense system has intercepted 80 of those rockets.